• fliprent

• Get down payment and closing cost help for your dream home.

23rd April 2008

Get down payment and closing cost help for your dream home.

posted in Financing, Mortgages |

In almost all states and major cities in the country there are housing assistance programs.  These programs exist for first time home buyers, teachers, low income families, etc.  These programs are normally public, non-profit or church based.  These organizations offer a variety of programs and assistance to first time home buyers.  One service in particular is the down payment and closing cost help program.  They offer funds in the form of grants and loans which buyers can use toward the down payment and closing costs for the purchase a home.

The loan program is usually available for qualified first time homebuyers, and enables them to borrow part of their down payment and/or closing costs.  The grant programs are even better.  You can use the grant toward the down payment, closing costs, or a combination of both.  There are limitations to both programs such as income and length of time before the home owner can sell.  In some cases the loan/grant must be used in combination with conventional mortgages, and usually the buyer is required to provide a small portion of the down payment out of pocket.

This information is valuable to house flippers and real estate investors who sell houses often.  I offer this information to prospective buyers with details on how to contact the local associations.  Even if they do not buy from me, the information remains valuable to the home seeker.  I view it as another way to contribute in the future of the people of our nation.

Where to Find Housing Assistance

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, http://www.hud.gov/ , contains listings of government housing programs by state.  If you are looking in the state of Maryland you can find the HUD list here.  Be sure to search for information on both government and privately operated programs.  You can also use search engines such as Google, Yahoo, or MSN to find information on programs in your area.  A search for (”housing assistance programs” AND maryland) returned over 15 thousand results at the time of this article.

You can also contact the Department of Housing and Community Development for your particular state.  The website for the state of Maryland can be found here.  Be sure to specify which programs you are interested in.  The website may already contain the information plus allow you to download the forms directly.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 23rd, 2008 at 8:49 am and is filed under Financing, Mortgages. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

There are currently 16 responses to “Get down payment and closing cost help for your dream home.”

Why not let us know what you think by adding your own comment! Your opinion is as valid as anyone elses, so come on... let us know what you think.

1. 1 On April 19th, 2010, robertnette childs said:

I am trying to buy a home and this is my first time and i need help with my closing cost and down payment. Can you please helpo me. I have three children and we need somewhere to stay.

2. 2 On May 3rd, 2010, sheila harris said:

i need help for closing cost for my new home who can help

3. 3 On May 24th, 2010, terrean livingston said:

I too am trying to buy my first home and need help with down payment and closing cost. Can you please help me?

4. 4 On May 29th, 2010, Sharon Davis said:

I found a home and I desperately need down payment and closing cost…Please help….I’m a single mother of a teen ager……

5. 5 On May 30th, 2010, Davon Simpson said:

I am close to the closing date on the house I am purchasing for me and my 3 children but I need help w/ closing cost. Can I get help with that?

6. 6 On May 30th, 2010, fliprent said:

Have you guys exhausted all the options mentioned in this article?

7. 7 On June 9th, 2010, LaVester Lee Mays said:

need help with closing cost.

8. 8 On August 26th, 2010, Millicent Rice said:

My name is Millicent Rice.My family is currently homeless and We are trying to purchase a home and need help with the downpayment and closing costs to obtain a pre-approval. We are unable to stay with relatives because we have 5 children and would not want to cause an imposition for them.Any help would be a total blessing.We had a fire and had no insurance and lost everything.But we are greatly blessed that we were able to walk away with our lives.Thank you so much for your help.God bless.

Millie

9. 9 On September 14th, 2010, Afratisha Kemp said:

I am having a problem with coming up with the closing cost amount.I have my down payment,but need some assistant.Can i please get some help.

10. 10 On November 22nd, 2010, Cynthia said:

Found dream home need help with closing; Help!

11. 11 On February 5th, 2011, Tracee Bradley said:

need help with done and closing costs please

12. 12 On March 20th, 2011, Wanda Jones said:

Thanks for the information trying to find help with closing not a first time home buyer renting out previous home and now trying to purshase a new one where is the help for the people that have proven their self with a good track record of paying mortgages on time and keeping their credit but who need help dont understand that at all ????

Thanks again

13. 13 On April 19th, 2011, Amber Holmes said:

I am having trouble finding the closing cost and down payments.I was hoping someone could help! Thank you, Amber

14. 14 On April 26th, 2011, Steve T. said:

Has anyone found any assistance with closing costs? If so please contact me smt1228@gmail.com

15. 15 On June 18th, 2011, Damian Nelson said:

Im getting married in july and trying to buy a home at the same time i only need help with the closing cost and we have no one to help us. we are only 2500 short.

16. 16 On July 5th, 2011, Patsy Kennedy said:

My loan has been approved,need heip with closing cost please.